Términos y Condiciones de los Estudiantes
We facilitate the creation of a legal relationship directly between you and your chosen teacher. We are not party to any contract relating to the provision of your chosen teacher’s language teaching services to you.
You must have connection speed of at least 1 megabyte per second, a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and an up to date version of Chrome, Firefox or Opera and a headset with a microphone. Tablets and smartphones are not supported.
To register you must be over 13 and sign in with an active Google account, which facilitates our virtual whiteboard technology. This may result in the creation and storage of one or more small files in your Google Drive (usually less than 1mb). You must not delete or interfere with these files. When registering you must use your real name at all times and ensure that all other information you provide is truthful and accurate. You are responsible for your own account security and you must not share your account details with any other person.
Licence to use the site
Subject to your compliance with these terms, we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the site. You must not use or access the site in any way which causes, or is likely to cause, interruption, damage or impairment or access to the site or annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any other user of it.
Lessons, fees and payments
- All payments and e-wallets are handled by Leetchi Corp. S.A. (Mangopay), registered in Luxembourg (no. B173459). Mangopay is EU licensed and regulated as a financial institution, being approved as an e-money institution by the Luxembourg Financial Sector Regulator and provides services for the issue, use and management of e-money. By using the site you agree to the Mangopay framework contract for payment services.
- When you make a booking with a teacher, this is a lesson. A lesson can comprise of any number of hours (subject to any minimum number of hours required to book a lesson that is specified on the teacher’s profile).
- The lesson fee is the fee you agree to pay the teacher for the lesson. You may choose to pay in any supported currency. If you choose to pay in a currency we do not support, we shall not be liable for any bank fees you might incur as a result of conversion to one of our supported currencies. After you make payment, the lesson fee will be stored in an escrow account operated by Mangopay and will not be released to your teacher until you submit a ranking of their services on a scale from 1 to 5. If you rank 2 or lower, you will be eligible for student protection as detailed in paragraph 7, below. If you rank 3 or higher, the full lesson fee will be released to the teacher and you will no longer be entitled to student protection in respect of that lesson.
- Your can make changes to lesson times up to 24 hours before the originally booked lesson start time. If you wish to reschedule the lesson within 24 hours of the originally booked lesson start time, it is at your teacher’s discretion whether they will allow this. If they decide not to allow this, or if you are a no-show at your originally booked lesson start time, you will forfeit your lesson fee and full payment will be released to the teacher.
- Students may request refunds for unused portions of 5- and 10-lesson packages. The amount of the refund will be proportionate to the number of unused lessons remaining in the package, minus a fee of 30 percent (this includes 15% for the teacher and a 15% administrative fee for Langu).
- All refunds must be requested no later than 11 months after the date of purchase. All purchased lessons must be completed within 12 months of the date of purchase, after which these lesson credits will expire.
- If a complaint or dispute arises between you and your teacher before the lesson has been completed, you agree to use reasonable endeavours to resolve the problem directly with your teacher in the first instance.
- If you are unable to resolve the problem directly with your teacher, or if the lesson has been completed and you have ranked your teacher’s services 2 or lower, you acknowledge and agree that we shall be entitled to make a final decision, in our sole discretion, about the complaint or dispute and that our final decision may result in us deciding in your favour and reimbursing you all or part of the lesson fee which is held in the lesson escrow e-wallet, or deciding in favour of the teacher and releasing all or part of the lesson fee to them.
You must behave in an appropriate, non-abusive and professional manner at all times when dealing with your teacher or any site administrators. Any abusive or similar action may result in immediate termination of your account.
All communications between you and your teacher must take place via the site. You must not attempt to contact your teacher outside of the site. If your teacher attempts to contact you outside of the site, you must notify us of this immediately. Conversations that take place via the site’s messaging system between you and your Langu teacher are not private and may be accessed by us at any time. Messages may be monitored in order to ensure high quality student experience, or to investigate a complaint or dispute in accordance with paragraph 7, above.
Suspension and termination
We may suspend or terminate your account immediately without notice and without any further liability to you if you are at any time in breach of our student terms. You acknowledge that we are under no obligation to provide access to the site and we may withdraw access to the site at any time without any further liability to you. You may delete your account at any time from within the dashboard.
- Indemnity: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the site, provided that we notify you promptly of any such claim, that we reasonably co-operate with you in the defence and settlement of such claim (at your expense), and that you are given sole authority to defend or settle such claim.
- No liability: You use the site entirely at your own risk and we exclude all other liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage arising in connection with your use of the site.
- No warranty: We make no warranty that the site will meet your requirements, that any services provided through it by a teacher will be of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose, not infringe the rights of any third parties or that any communications between you and a teacher will be secure and confidential.
- Changes to our student terms: We may from time to time change our student terms. You are encouraged to check this page regularly as our student terms apply each time you use the site.
- Waiver and severability: If we ignore or fail to enforce any breach of our teacher terms, this does not mean we cannot enforce our rights in the future. If any part of our student terms is found to be invalid by a court, it shall be replaced with a similar provision which achieves the same purpose as the original, so far as is possible, with the remainder of our terms remaining unaffected.
- Governing law: Our student terms are governed by and are to be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any dispute arises between us in relation to the site, such dispute may only be heard in the English courts.
Last updated: 26 de noviembre de 2018